Capital D Delights
Want Taber and Silka's Book??
Capital D> AMAZON -PG VERSION
Capital D> AMAZON - ADULT VERSION
CAPITAL CITY # 3
TABER & SILKA:
"Without a doubt our favorite city in the whole wide world is New York! The book cover of Capital D is a part of New York through a sniper's scope! Here are some more awesome facts you did not know!"
1. Madison Square Park, Washington Square Park, Union Square Park, and Bryant Park used to be cemeteries.
2. There are 20,000 bodies buried in Washington Square Park alone.
3. It can cost over $289,000 for a one-year hot dog stand permit in Central Park.
4. The city of New York will pay for a one-way plane ticket for any homeless person if they have a guaranteed place to stay.
5. On Nov. 28, 2012, not a single murder, shooting, stabbing, or other incident of violent crime in NYC was reported for an entire day. The first time in basically ever.
6. In New York City there are more than 26,000 people living in each square mile.
7. It takes 75,000 trees to print a Sunday edition of the New York Times.
8. New York City has more people than 39 of the 50 states in the U.S.
9. There is a birth in New York City every 4.4 minutes.
10. There is a death in New York City every 9.1 minutes.
11. The Federal Reserve Bank on New York’s Wall Street contains vaults that are located 80 feet beneath the bank and hold about 25 percent of the world’s gold bullion.
12. There’s a man who mines sidewalk cracks for gold. He can make over $600 a week.
13. About 1 in every 38 people living in the United States resides in New York City.
14. The borough of Brooklyn on its own would be the fourth largest city in the United States. Queens would also rank fourth nationally.
15. New York City has the largest Chinese population of any city outside of Asia.
16. New York has the largest Puerto Rican population of any city in the world.
17. More than 47 percent of New York City’s residents over the age of 5 speak another language other than English at home.
18. New York’s Central Park is larger than the principality of Monaco.
19. Women may go topless in public, providing it is not being used as a business.
20. Manhattan’s daytime population swells to 3.94 million, with commuters adding a net 1.34 million people.
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)